Vietnamese Yogurt by Cathy Bui
14 oz sweetened condensed milk (I used Black/White brand)
14 oz hot water
28 oz whole milk
1 pre-made yogurt (You can buy it at any Vietnamese deli. If not used American plain yogurt)
1. Stir together the sweetened condensed milk and hot water
2. Add in pre-made yogurt, stir, and siftI
3. Pour in glass container with a lid like mine below
4. Place glass container in a big pot of hot water (Water should be midway of the yogurt container)
5. Make sure to put napkin on top to avoid dripping water and closed the lid
6. Timing varies on how tart you'd like the yogurt to be:
- Very tart: between 8 - 10 hrs.
- Less tart: 5 - 6 hrs.
7. When done, remove the container from the pot, close the lid, and place in refrigerator